This 6-week course explores the Karma Path of yoga as described in the Bhagavad Gita, and as practiced all over the world by yoga practitioners who want to take the lessons of yoga more fully into their lives. We will begin with a reading of the Bhagavad Gita, the foundational text describing the karma yoga path within the yoga tradition. Next, we will learn about different paths of action based on the frameworks taught by the Buddhist Peace Fellowship: Block, Build and Be, and have the opportunity to meet and work with organizations making change on these different paths.
Sundays, July 26 – August 30, 2019, 3-5 pm
What you get
- 6 group sessions with Lesley that include yoga practice, discussion of that week’s readings, journaling and other contemplative practices
- 6 weekly emails with links to online resources
- An opportunity to meet with activists working on a variety of issues right here in San Antonio
- Access to a private Facebook group for ongoing group discussion
What you leave with
- A deeper understanding of some of the philosophical foundations of yoga
- Contacts within communities of interest you want to serve
- A deeper appreciation for the bonds, gifts and responsibilities of community
- A clearer vision for your own life-changing practice and service
- Yoga Alliance-certified teachers will qualify for 24 hours (12 contact hours) of Continuing Education Credits.
What you will need
- The Bhagavad-Gita: Krishna’s Counsel in Time of War, by
- An open mind and willingness to be challenged
The cost of this 6-week program is just $65.
Click here to register!